How to Make Christmas Biscuits
We ate pancakes for breakfast and enjoyed a game of Pictionary once the sticky syrup had been wiped away. There was a homemade soup for lunch: onions, potatoes, leeks, carrots and broccoli with a touch of garam masala with sprinkly bits of bacon and croutons crisped in the bacon fat. As the light outside started to disappear there was a game of monopoly whilst we tucked into some ginger spiced Christmas biscuits. We brought the Christmas tree inside and set it up ready for decorating today. A simple day.
A wonderful day.
RECIPE FOR CHRISTMAS BISCUITS
~ You will need ~
Baking trays covered in baking parchment, rolling pin and cookie cutters.
~ Ingredients ~
- 50g butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 300g self-raising flour
- pinch salt
- 3 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 4 tbsp milk
~ Method ~
- Pre-heat the oven to 140 degrees (fan).
- In a saucepan weigh out the butter, caster sugar and golden syrup. Place onto the hob over a low heat until combined.
- In a bowl combine the flour, salt and spices.
- Stir in the liquid then add as much milk as you need to make a firm dough.
- Roll out onto a floured surface at about half a centimetre thick.
- Cut out the shapes and place onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes until slightly golden.
- Decorate with icing or keep plain.