Ginger & Bran Biscuits - A Recipe
Ginger & Bran Biscuits are one of my favourite biscuits. They've actually become a firm family favourite (my mum and my sister also make them) after we copied it down from the back of an All-bran box when I was a child.
I've adapted the recipe from the original over the years – but not by much. I’ve added more ginger and cook them for slightly less at a reduced temperature as I found them to be too hard previously. Now they are chewy and deliciously moreish.
RECIPE FOR GINGER & BRAN BISCUITS
- 4oz butter
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 12oz self raising flour
- 8oz brown sugar
- 3 tsp ginger
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 3oz all bran
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 tsp salt
You will need two greased baking trays, a saucepan to melt the butter and syrup plus a mixing bowl and spoon.
- Pre-heat the oven to 150 degrees fan.
- Melt the butter and syrup together in the saucepan.
- Put all the dry ingredients into a separate bowl and mix.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the butter and syrup mixture.
- Mix and add the beaten egg.
- Mix again until you have a ball of cookie dough. You may need to press it together a bit.
- Cut into four quarters then roll each quarter into a ball and divide into eight.
- Roll into small balls and place slightly apart onto greased baking tins.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- They’ll come out the oven slightly browned and soft but will harden as they cool.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: